The Engineering Manager leads Engineering and Tool Room personnel while directing and coordinating all related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the Engineering staff and Tool Room personnel to ensure projects/ objectives are accomplished in accordance with specified time frames to meet company and departmental goals
- Meet with current customers and potential customers, as required. Travel to customer/ prospect locations, as needed.
- Daily interaction with customers and prospects.
- Provide problem solving solutions in the areas of part and mold design, tooling, automation and product development.
- Represent All Plastics with the ability to understand and demonstrate scientific capabilities, latest technologies, and operational practices based on the customer’s needs
- Document customer activities and communication with the General Manager and Manager of Business Development.
- Quote new opportunities – receive approval by the General Manager before submitting.
- Maintain the quoting/sales process so that sales performance can be accurately tracked.
- Establish methods/procedures to follow up on all quotes.
- Cradle-to-grave project management for new and transferred tooling.
- Standardize work cell layouts (using 6S methodology) to improve material flow, labor movement and usage.
- Work on capital equipment projects, including: research, obtaining quotes, and overseeing installation.
- Process troubleshooting
- Recommend and initiate automation concepts to reduce labor.
- Work with manufacturing for continuous improvements.
- Develop workmanship standards that are clearly understood and attainable.
- Attend daily production meetings.
- Assist QA department with documentation as required to maintain ISO/TS standards.
- Communicate any and all customer concerns/complaints to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized to the approval of your immediate supervisor.
- Compile Engineering Matrix items monthly and submit in a timely manner after month end to General Manager.
- Various other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in project/manufacturing engineering or in the plastic industry
Must have strong communication, technical and management skills.
Demonstrate ability to organize and manage the work of others to achieve goals.
SKILLS: Strong (effective) written and verbal communication skills, exceptional computer skills. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written, and interact with people.
PHYSICAL: This position requires the ability to listen and hear, good eyesight, sitting, standing, walking and use of hands and arms.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.