This position is responsible for the general maintenance of production equipment and plant facilities. Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and perform moderate to complex repairs on machinery. Must have thorough knowledge of functions and operations of all process and associated support equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs product equipment using mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic blueprints.
• Has thorough understanding of equipment, the functions and operational procedures.
• Performs general facility maintenance to improve or modify facility.
• Performs mold changes and modifications to improve or modify facility
• Performs mold changes and modifications
• Assist in installation, assembly and set up of production machinery.
• Repairs facility equipment such as HVAC, electrical/electronic or material handling equipment, and is able to read blueprints and schematics.
• Initiates preventive maintenance and establishes repair schedules
• Follows and participates in plant safety/housekeeping guidelines designed to ensure a safe work environment.
• Will assume an active role on our 6’s committee and will lead, educate, train, in the area of 6’s
• Must communicate issues that jeopardize company profitability, traceability, reliability, and creditability.
• Support our ISO certification efforts at all times.
• Various other duties may be assigned.
Preferred: 4 year degree
Required: High School Diploma with five years’ experience in maintenance and plastic production and two years in a supervisory role
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and read blue prints and technical drawings, such as machine, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic , and electrical.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
OSHA approved forklift certification
Scissor/Platform Lift Training /Certification
May require fire brigade ME membership and /CPR/First-Aid Training
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job may require heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
Peripheral vision and depth perception required.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English. This position requires effective communication with all levels of the Organization