ISO 13485 | ISO 9001 | UL
MECHANICALLY INCLINED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Installs and removes molds from presses along with all auxiliary equipment as directed. Sets up the work station for production.
Upload your resume
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Mold Setter consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Installs and removes all molds and equipment on specified presses, along with all supporting equipment.
• Prepares equipment and molds for installation and/or storage as directed.
• Sets mold and press process parameters per process sheet.
• Sets up work station as directed.
• Insures all safety switches and devices are in working order and properly adjusted for the current mold being run.
• Notifies SMED Technician/ Production Manager of all mold/equipment malfunctions found when working on equipment.
• Assists Team Lead and Process Technician in processing the molding cycle as directed.
• Maintains sufficient inventory of related mold setting equipment and supplies (water fitting, water hose, clamps, etc.) SMED Technician must be notified when supplies need to be ordered.
• Maintains communication with supporting departments concerning molds and equipment.
• Interfaces with maintenance and tool room departments on current and future equipment.
• Performs minor maintenance on equipment as directed by the Production Manager.
• Assists maintenance personnel and tool room personnel as directed.
• Various other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and familiarity with plastic molding press operation and functions.
• Must be able to communicate (orally and written) for effective performance of this job. Clear communication with the operators and interfacing with other personnel and equipment.
• Must have good organizational ability.
• Must have mechanical ability/aptitude.
• Must be safety oriented. Job has potential for great personal injury and considerable financial loss in material and equipment.
• Must be qualified to operate motorized equipment such as forklift trucks.
• Must be self-motivator and be able to work without direct supervision.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job may require heavy lifting (Up to 75 lbs.).
Must be capable of wearing personal safety equipment, such as visual devices, hearing devices and back supports.
Peripheral vision and depth perception required to operate machinery and use the forklift.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.