The basic function of the Process Engineer is to ensure that all jobs are set up properly and have obtained optimum production efficiency.
Upload your resume below or apply through Indeed at our All-Plastics Careers Page.
Another basic function of the Process Engineer is to educate and train the set up personnel, do mold sampling for new customers, and communicate with the tool room and maintenance personnel with any problems that may arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Process Engineer consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Troubleshoot the molding process and record all process changes on the process change log sheet.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to production.
• Maintain required quality and quantity of production. Verify optimum cycle time.
• Identify factors that limit cycle times and productivity and initiate action for improvement
• Start up and shut down machines as required.
• Ensure proper set up procedures are being followed and verify completion of set up to manufacturing.
• Sample product and complete sample requests for new jobs as required.
• Set up robots, sprue pickers, and other supporting equipment as required.
• Help to establish workstation standards and continuous improvement efforts, mold setting proc
• Immediately communicate any press, mold, or quality issues to appropriate departments. Recommend improvements in equipment, layout, production methods, material handling, and documentation.
• Ensure start-up shots are submitted to QA for approval prior to start of production.
• Maintain and promote a safe and hazard free work environment. Follow all safety procedures and guidelines. This includes wearing personal protective equipment as required (i.e.: eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, gowns, hair nets, etc.)
• Be capable of working overtime as required.
• Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized to the approval of your immediate supervisor. Discard purging in the designated trash cans. Put away your tools and equipment when a job is complete. Pick up scrap parts; do not leave them on the floor or under the machine. Do not allow a machine to run parts on the floor.
• Leads implementation of new projects from quoting thru start of production, including meetings and communication with customers.
• Leads implementation of VIP projects.
• Prepare reports requested by the Production Manager in an accurate and timely manner
Understand and participate in 6S activities as assigned by your supervisor.
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all company employees. This includes “inter” and “intra” departmental employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
• Maintain involvement in kaizan events associated with improved plant efficiencies
• Any other various duties as assigned
Preferred: Assoc. Degree in Plastic Engineering
Required: High School Diploma with 3 to 5 years experience
SKILLS: Must have excellent processing or plastic skills (various types), must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and pneumatic systems that make molds function.
Must have following management skills: delegation and follow through, communication, supervision and training.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job may require heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
Peripheral vision and depth perception required to operate machinery and use the forklift.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to multi-task and maintain one’s composure in a sometimes hectic