ISO 13485 | ISO 9001 | UL
The basic function of the Process Technician/ Shift Supervisor is to ensure that all jobs are set up properly and have obtained optimum production efficiency.
Upload your resume below or apply through Indeed at our All-Plastics Careers Page.
Another basic function of the Process Technician/ Shift Supervisor is to educate and train the set up personnel, do mold sampling for new customers, and communicate with the tool room and maintenance personnel with any problems that may arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Process Technician/ Shift Supervisor consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Be actively involved and maintains 6S. This means to be neat, clean, and organized
• Record all process changes in the process change log
• Verify completion of set up to manufacturing for production starting
• Communicate with and assist set up and clean up personnel
• Troubleshoot the molding process and record all changes made to the process on the process change log sheet
• Sample and fill out sample request for new jobs
• Follow quality plans
• Train set up personnel
• Communicate with maintenance and tool room when problems occur
• Set up robots and sprue pickers when needed
• Verify best cycle time is obtained
• Follow production schedules set forth by Materials Manager and Production Manager
• Shut down and start up machines when required
• Verify proper drop chutes are being utilized and parts are not falling behind the machine
• Communicate any automation possibilities with Engineering and Production
• Fill out MCARs when a tool problem is noticed
• Give start up shots to quality for approval before production starts
• Develop workmanship standards that are clearly understood and attainable
• Meet regularly with key personnel to ensure that proper information flows in all directions and to ensure that stated goals and objectives are adhered to
• Assist key personnel in resolving any problem areas
• Prepare reports requested by the Production Manager in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain and promote a safe and hazard free work environment – follow all safety procedures and guidelines
• Maintain a cooperative working relationship with all company employees. This includes “inter” and “intra” departmental employees. Also included are all customers, contractors, owners, suppliers, etc.
• Maintain involvement in kaizan events associated with improved plant efficiencies
• Any other various duties as assigned
Preferred: Assoc. Degree in Plastic Engineering
Required: High School Diploma with 3 to 5 years experience
SKILLS: Must have excellent processing or plastic skills (various types), must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical and pneumatic systems that make molds function.
Must have following management skills: delegation and follow through, communication, supervision and training.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job may require heavy lifting (Up to 50 lbs.).
Peripheral vision and depth perception required to operate machinery and use the forklift.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Ability to multi-task and maintain one’s composure in a sometimes hectic