The basic function of Tool Room Personnel is to build or repair all types, sizes and shapes of plastic injection molds and to assemble and test complex tools and molds in production.
Upload your resume below or apply through Indeed at our All-Plastics Careers Page.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Tool Room Personnel consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Reads and interprets blueprints or works from verbal or written instructions, sketches, or from the actual part to be copied or fitted.
• Plans the setup and operation of various machine shop tools, considering types of material, tolerances, and machine tool feeds and speeds.
• Heat treats and welds parts as required.
• Uses precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required inspections before, during, and after machining.
• Uses hand tools of the trade for modifications as required.
• Fits and assembles mold parts, tools, and dies. Sets up, runs off, and tests molds to produce a product meeting specifications, tracing die difficulties to their source and making any necessary modifications.
• May assist machinists and millwrights in injection molding press overhaul.
• May assist product designers by providing information about potential manufacturing difficulties with new product designs.
• Various other duties as assigned
Required: High School Diploma
SKILLS: Completion of formal apprenticeship program, technical school training program, or completion of in-company five-year training program.
Familiarity with “hot runner” mold systems.
Good problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Ability to communicate with designers concerning technical ramifications of designs.
Willingness to follow safety rules when operating machine tools and assembling heavy mold parts.
Includes lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and use of hands and arms.
Job requires the ability to move mold parts and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Excellent corrected vision to read blueprints and to perform careful inspection of molds and test products.
Excellent manual dexterity, muscular control, and a delicate touch to accomplish precision work without damage to valuable molds.
MENTAL: Must be able to read, write and speak English.